- Clean, empty, glass bottles (the thinner the glass, the easier it comes apart)
- Acetone or lighter fluid
- Sink full of ice water
- Towel soaked in water in case of emergency!
1. Cut a long length of yarn and wrap it around your glass bottle where you want the bottle to separate and where the top of the glass will be. Tie a knot in the yarn and remove the yarn from the bottle.
2. Soak in a bowl of acetone for 20-30 seconds until yarn is saturated. Place acetone soaked yarn back on bottle.
3. Hold the bottle over the sink filled with ice water. VERY CAREFULLY light the yarn with lighter and slowly rotate the bottle so the flame burns the yarn all the way around evenly. Rotate bottle until yarn burns out, about 30 seconds.
4. Submerge bottle into ice water and the bottle should easily separate.
5. Using your sandpaper, sand the rim of the glass down until smooth.
Grab a beer bottle preferably with thick glass such as corona bottles. Tie a string just above the label on the empty bottle.
Keep the string tied and soak it in lighter fluid.
Put the string back on the bottle and hold it horizontally. Light the sting rotating the bottle so the flame spreads. You should hear the bottle crack slightly in about 10 seconds.
After you hear the crack, pour cold water on the string and the top of the bottle will fall off.
Now grab sandpaper and sand the edges of the bottle till it is smooth.