- 1 cup lower-sodium chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 ounces pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and halved
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
1. Combine stock and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
2. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, rind, 4 teaspoons juice, and garlic powder in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken; turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
3. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan.
4. Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots, rosemary, and pancetta; cook 3 minutes or until shallots are tender. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add sherry to pan; cook 4 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in stock mixture; bring to a simmer. Add artichoke hearts to pan; cook 1 minute or until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons juice and 2 teaspoons parsley. Add chicken to pan, turning to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons parsley.