- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 3/4 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup uncooked pearled farro
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 cups Lacinato kale, stemmed and sliced
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Combine 2 tablespoons oil, rosemary, and garlic in a bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat. Cover and let stand at least 30 minutes.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups boiling water and mushrooms in a small bowl; let stand 15 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh sieve over a medium saucepan. Chop mushrooms; set aside. Add chicken stock to pan with soaking liquid; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
3. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Add onion and thyme; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add reserved mushrooms and farro to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring to coat. Add wine to pan; cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in 1 cup stock mixture and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 5 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add remaining stock mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until liquid is absorbed before adding more (about 35 minutes total). Stir in kale; cook 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
4. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Place chicken on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices. Spoon 1 cup farro mixture into each of 4 shallow bowls. Top each serving with about 3 ounces chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.